- People tend to choose Joomla! because they find it easy to use. It has a clear and friendly user interface. It makes it easy to manage content and easy to create and publish articles to keep your site current—anytime, anywhere—using a web browser.
- Adding new features takes just a few clicks. There are thousands of extensions available, from menu systems to commenting systems and forums.
- It’s very easy to change the site’s appearance—templates are abundant and can be installed within minutes, giving your site a fresh look and feel.
- Joomla! is actively developed and it’s well supported by a huge worldwide community of users and developers. It is updated frequently, adding new features, security enhancements, and other improvements.
- It’s really easy to add or edit content and to keep it organized (even if there’s lots of it).
- Keeping hyperlinks up-to-date is greatly automated. For example, if you add a new web page to a category a new link will automatically appear in pages pointing to that category.
- You don’t have to maintain the website all by yourself. Other users can add content, add new menu items, and much more.
The numbers seem to indicate that Joomla! is the open-source CMS of choice for web builders worldwide. It’s the engine behind some 20 million websites worldwide and this number is still growing rapidly day by day. Joomla! is one of the biggest open-source software projects around, supported by a huge user community and constantly being developed further by an international team of volunteers.