This article will show you How To Use AirSnort. As you know, AirSnort is a passive scanner through network. AirSnort can crack WEP keys. Up to 16 million IVs, in total nine thousand of 128-bit keys are weak. AirSnort can crack these WEP weak keys.
You can download AirSnort from Sourceforge.
AirSnort can only runs on Unix platform and it’s easy to install and use. If you are using Windows, you can get AirSnort’s Windows Version (WinAirSnort) which can be downloaded at www.nwp.nevillon.org/attack.html
Guide to Install AirSnort in Linux
If you don’t know How To Install AirSnort in Linux, follow these steps:
- Unzip AirSnort file using command /#gunzip airsnort-0.2.7e.tar.gz
- Untar AirSnort file using command /#tar -xvf airsnort-0.2.7e.tar
- After that, change the directory using command /#cd airsnort-0.2.7e
- Compile AirSnort using command /airsnort-0.2.7e# ./autogen.sh
- Install AirSnort using command /airsnort-0.2.7e# make and /airsnort-0.2.7e# make install
How To Use AirSnort To Crack WEP Keys
Follow these steps to use AirSnort :
- If you want to run AirSnort, Use terminal window and input these command /airsnort-0.2.7e# airsnort
- Select one channel you want to scan
- Select one from the list of network device
- Select wireless NIC (for example ORiNOCO)
- Click Start button.
- From here you can see the option of AirSnort to crack WEP Keys
it will take a while to crack the keys. Good luck on Cracking WEP keys using AirSnort.